Carleton's annual college catalog listing courses of study, alumni, roll of students, historical sketch, calendar, honorary degrees, admission requirements, descriptions of departments, summary of students, and lists of faculty and trustees.
Pamphlet reproducing a letter written by Edward Duffield Neill to Eugene M. Wilson, the Mayor of Minneapolis, correcting remarks Wilson made. The letter describes the aims of Jesus College and its two schools, The Baldwin Grammar School and the School of Christian Literature. it also includes the "Announcement for 1873" for the Winter Term commencing January 7, 1873.
United States Congress, Senate, Committee on Commerce, 42nd Congress, 2nd session
This 62-page document, from the 42nd Congress, 2nd Session, reproduces letters regarding the digging of the canal that connected the Duluth harbor with Lake Superior in 1871. The first letter, from William W. Belknap, Secretary of War, describes the process that was followed to dig the canal. Following letters, often exchanged between engineers or politicians and J.J. Egan, city attorney for Duluth, contain a discussion of the legality of the canal being dug as well as a discussion of the building of a dike to keep the waters of the St. Louis River from flowing through the canal and filling the Superior, Wisconsin, entry with silt. (United States Congress, Senate, Committee on Commerce, 42nd Congress, 2nd session, no. 60 Senate Executive Document.)
Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Schmidt and their son, Henry Schmidt at age 12 years. Picture was taken in Germany before they moved here. Henry Schmidt became a doctor in the Westbrook area of Cottonwood County, Minnesota
Proceedings of the Common Council for the period April 1871-April 1872. This book records the activities of the city council including meeting attendees, petitions, disbursements, ordinances considered, licenses issued, and reports from various officers (such as the City Attorney and the Comptroller).
Standing, left to right, are: Z. S. Gault, T. H. Frazier, and Henry Moll. Seated, left to right, are: G. S. Ives, George Noble, C. R. Davis, and Dr. G. F. Merritt. This photograph of prominent St. Peter men was taken in 1872.
Standing, left to right, are: Z. S. Gault, T. H. Frazier, and Henry Moll. Seated, left to right, are: G. S. Ives, George Noble, Charles R. Davis, and Dr. G. F. Merritt. This photograph of prominent St. Peter men was taken in 1872.
Brochure detailing the purpose of the school, academic calendar, expenses associated with the school, admission requirements, graduation requirements, and the model school. The State Normal School, founded in 1869, changed names several times: St. Cloud State Teachers College (1921), St. Cloud State College (1957), and St. Cloud State University (1975).