Addresses Delivered at the Dedication of the Edifice of the Preparatory Department, of the Baldwin School, Saint Paul, Minnesota Territory; And Catalogue for 1853. There are colored pencil notations in the booklet.
Catalogues of the Baldwin School, and the Academic Department of the College of Saint Paul, Minnesota. MDCCCLIV. The catalogues have information on trustees, instructors, pupils, and a statement and general plan for the College of Saint Paul.
Neill, Edward Duffield, 1823-1893; Mattocks, Rev. John 1814-1875; Ramsey, Alexander, 1815-1903
Notice from the Baldwin School Executive Committee (John Mattocks, Alexander Ramsey, and Edward D. Neill), announcing resumption of operations on September 5, 1859 at the school's leased building on Walnut Street. The Principal, Assistant, and courses of instruction are mentioned, as are tuition, transportation to the building, and furnishing descriptions. The announcement includes the blue Baldwin School seal in Latin at the top. The Baldwin School was for female youth, however a limited number of boys were admitted if they had sisters in attendance.
Portraits of ten Minnesota State Officers, incorporated into a six-pointed star: Governor Ramsey; Lt. Gov Donnelly; Secretary Baker; Treasurer Scheffer; Dept of Instruction Neill; Auditor Kraft; Atty General Cole; Statistician Wheelock; Adjt General Acker; and State Printer Van Vorhes.
July 1872, Volume 1, Number 1 of Cross and Crown, a "monthly paper devoted to the advancement of higher education and the interests of Jesus College." The four pages include articles on the two earliest church bells in St. Paul, the origin and object of Jesus College, and the announcement for the 1872 academic year. It includes an image of the College's building at St. Anthony Falls.
Pamphlet describing the history, costs, instruction, and rules for the 1873-1874 school year of the Baldwin School, a school for boys of at least thirteen years of age. The pamphlet includes an illustration of the school building on the back page.
Handbill briefly describing the Baldwin School expenses and accommodations, for the Summer Term beginning April 28, 1873, and the Fall Term beginning September 8, 1873. The top of the handbill has a "CHRISTO ET PATRIAE" seal, and the reverse side of the handbill consists of a chart for a week's courses and a rating system of "10, Perfect" to "0, Failure", possibly for grading.
Pamphlet listing the tuition, religious services, and room and board for the 1880-1881 academic year of Baldwin School, the Preparatory Department of Macalester College. A list of Trustees is included.
Letter from Rockwood MacQuesten to the trustees outlining a plan to meet at Macalester with members of the Presbyterian clergy. The letter also dsicusses the re-opening of Bladwin School, the Preparatory Department of the College.
A small certificate certifying that the undersigned "was one of the original subscribers to the endowment of the Presidency of Macalister [sic] College." This particular certificate shows Louis S. Burbank gave one dollar to the Synod Fund, signed by Daniel Rice, Synod Secretary, on April 19, 1883.
Pamphlet for the 1884-1885 school year of the Baldwin School, located on Summit Avenue, between Wabasha and St. Peter Streets in St. Paul. The Preparatory Department, Academic Department--Classical Course, and Academic Department--Scientific Course are described, as is the Music Department.
Baldwin School. English and Classical School for Boys and Girls. This is the first page of a pamphlet for the Baldwin School. The bottom reads "Fall Term commences Monday, September 15, 1884" so it was presumably created in the early 1880s.