This report of the Board of Public Works consists of tables and charts describing work done in 1885, including street paving, cleaning, and maintenance, and development of sewers, sidewalks, bridges, parks and boulevards. Financial statements, a narrative report of the city engineer, and maps of city streets and sewers are also included.
This first report of the Board of Park Commissioners for the year beginning March 1, 1887, and ending February 29, 1888, consists of a brief narrative describing the process of establishing the Park Board, election of officers, improvements made to Como Park using workhouse inmates, bonds authorized to establish a park fund, orders given to Public Works designating West St. Paul Park, Indian Mound Park, Carpenter Park, and Hiawatha Park, and a survey of the Mississippi River boulevard. A list of expenditures is included.
The second annual report by the Board of Park Commissioners, for the year March 1, 1888, to February 28, 1889, includes lists of board officers, park commissioners, expenditures, lands acquired for public parks, rules and regulations of public parks, and laws relating to parks. This report also contains a reprint of the first annual report, a detailed listing of the flora of Como Park, a map of Como Park and Lake, and the transcripts of two addresses regarding vacant squares and Mississippi River Park delivered by H.W.S. Cleveland.
The third annual report of the Board of Park Commissioners for the year March 1, 1889, to February 28, 1890, consists of brief updates on the structure of the board itself, the assessment, survey, and development of public parks, the issuing of bonds, and a financial statement.
This report of the Board of Park Commissioners, for the year ending March 31, 1891, describes board membership and officers, the progress on several parks, and expenditures. The report includes a report from the superintendent and an inventory.
This report from the Board of Park Commissioners summarizes board activity for 1892, including financial statements, a report from the superintendent regarding work done on parks and boulevards, and a description of the parks labor force.
This report from the Board of Park Commissioners consists of a brief narrative on the history of public parks in St. Paul, a description of the current park system, and plans for the future, along with eight photographs of Como Park, and maps of Como Park and the Lake Phalen area. Reports from the secretary and superintendent and financial statements are also included.
The fifth annual report of the Board of Park Commissioners describes membership and activities of the board during 1895, including improvements made to Como Park, developments to Phalen and Indian Mounds parks, parkway development, reports from the board superintendent and secretary, financial statements, and photographs of Irvine Park, Como Park, Carpenter Park, and Summit Park.
The sixth annual report of the Board of Park Commissioners consists of a narrative describing work done in 1896 to maintain and develop city parks and boulevards, with information on plantings, park police, and water works. The report includes charts outlining labor, expenditures, other financial statements, inventories of tools and buildings, and photographs of Como Park.